About the Event
Join Doris Buffett’s Learning by Giving Foundation (LxG) and over 250 of Boston’s young professionals for the city’s first large-scale, one-day philanthropy event at Fenway Park. Over the course of one day, participants will have an introduction to LxG coursework and philosophy, hear from some of the city’s premier civic, philanthropic, and community leaders, and direct over $100,000 to high-impact, local nonprofits. Throughout the event, participants will learn how they can use their time, treasure, and talent to support nonprofits in Boston.
- Date: Saturday, December 1, 2018
- Location: Fenway Park, Boston, MA
- Time: 8:30am – 2pm (with an after-party until 4pm)
- Audience: 250 of Greater Boston’s young professionals and emerging leaders
- Impact: 21 nonprofit participants within the following impact areas: youth education and development, immigrant/women’s rights, or direct services. At the event, $100k will be directed by participants to be given in various amounts to participating nonprofits. A full list of all participating nonprofits can be found here.
- 8:30am: Doors open & breakfast
- 9am: Welcome by Sam Kennedy, CEO of the Boston Red Sox
- 9:15am: LxG class by Rebecca Riccio (Director of Northeastern University’s Social Impact Lab and LxG faculty member) & Conversation with Juma Crawford and Robert Lewis Jr.
- 11:30am: Lunch and Q&A between Alex Buffett Rozek, Colleen Richards Powell, Congressman Joe Kennedy, & Lauren Birchfield Kennedy
- 12:30pm: Nonprofit showcase, grant competition and awards, and volunteer/donor interviews.
- 2pm – 4pm: Emerging Leader after-party and networking at Game On!
To participate you must register for a LearnGive account – one ticket per person/account. By buying a ticket, you receive exclusive access to Fenway Park, a two-hour accredited course in effective philanthropy, the opportunity to hear from Boston’s leading civic, philanthropic, and corporate leaders, networking, food/drink, and the opportunity to be a part of a team that will direct $100k in grant funds to nonprofits before the end of the day!
Sponsors & Corporate Partners
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Read more here or email email@example.com