As a result of the COVID-19 public health crisis, it's more important than ever to come together and lift each other up.
Through the #LearnGiveChallenge, we hope to highlight what people are learning while they practice safe social distancing at their homes, the innovative ways people are giving back to their community, and put a spotlight on nonprofits doing their part to help those affected by COVID-19.
Spread the word on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) and encourage your community to take part of the #LearnGiveChallenge to inspire others to give back during this time.
Beginning on April 30th, 2020:
• Tell or show us what new skills and knowledge you are acquiring during this time (I am Learning...)
• Tell us how you are giving back to your community during this time (I am Giving...)
• Challenge 3 friends to partake in the #LearnGiveChallenge (I Challenge...)
• And lastly, use the hashtag #LearnGiveChallenge
Anyone can participate! We want to hear your creative voice!
At Learning by Giving, we define giving as time, talent, treasure, and ties:
• Time – giving through volunteering and service
• Talent – giving through one’s expertise, knowledge, and skills
• Treasure – giving through financial contributions, services, and goods
• Ties – giving by leveraging one’s personal, professional, and online relationships
This is an important time to give back. If you’re unsure where to give, our friends at Candid have compiled a list of national relief funds that serve and support local nonprofits on the frontlines of the public health crisis. Click here to learn more.