The LxG Emerging Leaders Council (ELC)
The LxG Emerging Leaders Council (ELC) is a group of young passionate individuals from all backgrounds who want to develop their professional and personal skills, knowledge, and networks in order to become agents of change in their communities. The ELC members are volunteers who act as ambassadors to LxG’s mission to engage and equip a new generation of philanthropic leaders who want to make a local impact.
Through their time, talent, and treasure, ELC members strive to:
- Create educational, networking, fundraising and social events in order to educate and engage young professionals on philanthropy, nonprofits, and social impact
- Help promote the mission and work of LxG to heighten its awareness in the community
- Encourage and attract young professionals to the LearnGive Network, and help contribute to its growth when possible
COUNCIL MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
- Develop a deep understanding of LxG’s mission and work and advocate on its behalf
- Have a clear passion and interest for philanthropy, nonprofits, and community impact
- Plan, support, execute, attend, and recruit attendees for ELC events, fundraisers and other engagement opportunities
- Attract new members to the LearnGive Network
- Serve and participate on an ELC committee (Events & Programming, Marketing & Communications, and Membership Engagement & Recruitment)
- Commit to serving a two-year term
- Dedicate between 5-10 hours a month
- Attend monthly ELC meeting (second Monday of each month during the evening)
- Be a rockstar and a team player!
BENEFITS OF GETTING INVOLVED
- Become a key member of the Learning by Giving community
- Have access to professional, educational, networking, and social opportunities and engage with other young professionals
- Gain professional skills and better understanding of the philanthropic sector
- Provide support for new or prioritized LxG initiatives if needed
- Visit an LxG class and or grant ceremony
- Be recognized on the LxG website
- A letter to your CEO and or manager outlining your commitment to LxG
- Receive a free copy of Doris Buffett’s book, “Letters to Doris”
*Please note that only applicants from the New England region will be considered to the Emerging Leaders Council. ELC meetings and events take place in Greater Boston, Massachusetts where the foundation currently resides in.
Interested in LxG’s Emerging Leaders but don’t want to take a leadership position? Consider becoming a member of the LearnGive Network.
Contact the us at firstname.lastname@example.org