The New England Emerging Leaders Council (ELC)
The New England Emerging Leaders Council (ELC) is a group of roughly 15 passionate, young individuals from all backgrounds and professions who want to develop their skills and networks in order to become agents of change in their communities. The ELC is dedicated to Learning by Giving Foundation (LxG) in its mission to engage and equip a new generation of leaders who want to make a local impact.
The ELC plans and executes many of the educational, networking, and social events provided to the Emerging Leaders Network to educate and engage young professionals around philanthropy, nonprofits, and community impact.
CURRENT 2018-2019 MEMBERS
- Cate Laz (Co-Chair), Providence College
- Sarah Knight (Co-Chair), Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Kristiana Meyer, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Laura Hasler, Boston Benefit Partners, LLC
- Mary Beth O’Neil, Merck
- Qjaquice Brantley, Providence College
COUNCIL MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
- Develop a deep understanding of LxG and its mission, and be able to support the Foundation’s work, and advocate on its behalf
- Have a clear passion for philanthropy, nonprofit organizations, social and community impact
- Attend monthly ELC meetings
- Attend and support regular events and trainings
- Serve and participate on an ELC committee (Events and Programs, Marketing and Communications, and Membership Engagement and Recruitment)
- Contribute between 5-10 hours per month
- Support the Foundation’s special events and volunteer-related activities
- Leverage your personal and professional networks to recruit members and event attendees
BENEFITS OF GETTING INVOLVED
- Be seen as a key member of the LxG community
- Make connections with like-minded, socially conscious professionals
- Have access to professional development and social events, trainings, engagement and volunteer opportunities
- Have the opportunity to visit a LxG class in Greater Boston
- Receive recognition on LxG website
- Receive a free copy of Doris Buffett’s book, “Letters to Doris” and other LxG swag
If you’re interested in applying to the ELC, applications will open in the summer of 2019. Please note that only applicants from the New England region will be considered to the Emerging Leaders Council for now.
If the ELC is not for you, consider becoming a member of the LxG Emerging Leaders Network.
Contact the ELC at firstname.lastname@example.org