LearnGive for COVID-19 Relief: Registration Page
LearnGive for COVID-19 Relief:
We invite you to join us for LearnGive for COVID-19 Relief, one of the Learning by Giving (LxG) community responses to the public health crisis. LxG is committed to mobilizing additional resources during this critical time. By providing philanthropy education while practicing democratic grant making, we ensure nonprofits receive real grant money by a collective group of trained philanthropists.
Over the month of July, LxG will launch an online experiential philanthropy course, in collaboration with Northeastern University's Social Impact Lab, that concludes with collective giving. At the end of the course, students will utilize Rebecca Riccio's RISE Framework for Social Change to successfully deliver real funds to nonprofits supporting the COVID-19 crisis in Greater Boston. RISE stands for Relevance, Impact, Sustainability, and Excellence in Management and Operations.
How will it work:
Each week in July, you will dive into a hallmark of Rebecca Riccio's RISE Framework and complete learning modules about philanthropic giving for each step in the grantmaking process. Weekly modules include videos, articles, and a short quiz, after which you and your fellow students will evaluate and vote for nonprofits based on the hallmarks you learned about that week. This exclusive four-week course will conclude with a final assessment to award a grant to one of the nonprofit nominees in Greater Boston. LxG will also host an optional virtual coffee hour with faculty to build community, discuss grantmaking, and answer questions.
At the end of the course, we hope you walk away with a better understanding of philanthropy, and have the opportunity to help local nonprofits doing impactful work during the public health crisis.
- Be available to participate in self-paced, weekly online learning (~3-4 hours per week) during the month of July;
- Complete pre-qualification modules before the end of July 13th (~1-2 hours);
- Help nominate a local nonprofit from Greater Boston;
- Make a personally significant donation that will help contribute to the overall pool of grant money. LxG has dedicated an additional $5,000 to this collective effort;
- Be passionate and invested in philanthropy as a tool for social change.
- July 13th, 2020
- July 10th, 2020